Friday 23 March 2012

28 GB LOST



Making a performance with more people demands different rules and regulations. In this case my concept was about time, it's unpredictable but recurring state of beginning and end. And whatever happens in the meantime? A continuous force of elements that bounce off one another and creates new interactions. This performance was inspired by the loss of my entire digital music library! About 28 GB was wiped from my laptop at the time and was projected into the void! Now, a few years later my itunes uses 65 GB musical power for my pleasure. And this time it has been copied onto various external hard disks, together with pictures, videos and other documents. This performance ventilated my frustration at the time and with the use of the group materialized that I wasn't the only one to lose those digits...

No comments:

Post a Comment